Healing Yoga & Book Club: “What Happened to You?"
Time & Location
About the Event
Healing Yoga Workshop & Book Club
Starting Wednesday, October 13
Four Wednesdays (10/27, 11/3, 11/10, 11/17)
6:30-8PM at Osha Ruah
$159 for four 90-minute sessions ($39.75/session)
If you cannot make all four sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be sent a checkout code for the price of only the number of sessions you can make.
What Happened to You?
Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing
by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D
& Oprah Winfrey
At each gathering we will:
- Learn the science of how trauma is stored in the body, including the anatomy and physiology of trauma
- Engage in a discussion of the book and what insights and questions arise
- Learn and practice new trauma-informed breathing and meditation techniques to calm the body & mind by activating the vagus nerve and parasympathetic nervous system
- End with gentle yoga designed for energy movement, somatic release, and healing
- Get personalized practices to take home for ongoing self care
***Members are welcome to share their insights and experiences of reading the book, or just listen during the discussion and participate in breathing and yoga. All gatherings are confidential and a safe space.
Please email Jenni@OshaRuah.com with questions or for more information.
***Proof of vaccination must be shown to attend in person.
- Yoga & Book Club Sept/Oct$159+$3.98 Service fee$159+$3.98 Service fee0$0